Across the globe, celebrities have gone beyond just entertaining their fans with their talents. Many celebrities now dip their hands in their bank accounts for charity works, putting smiles on the faces of the needy and the less privileged. On this list, we consider ‘their philanthropic prowess, ‘popularity across the globe’ and ‘their current activeness in their fields’.
This American County Pop singer and actress, who have got numerous awards to her credit, including the Grammies, can be called the goddess of charity. Among her charitable deeds include;
- The donation of $4,000, 000. 00 to fund a new educational center: a 7,500 square foot building at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, to promote new programs and workshops for both junior and senior citizens.
- Donating $250,000. 00 to various schools she’s attended to promote children literacy.
- Donation of money to help victims of natural disasters.
- Raising $750,000.00 to help US victims of 2011 Tornado.
Award winning London based English-Irish Pop Boy Band, One Direction, is renowned for their charity works, among which includes the following;
- Performing at the Children In Need 2011 broadcast, thereby helping to raise over £26,000,000.00.
- Lian Payne and Harry Styles (members of the group) partnered with Trekstock, a charity organisation, and raised over £780,000.00 for cancer research.
This ever adorable and multitalented singer, with numerous awards including the record breaking six Grammys in one night at the 2010 Grammy award, isn’t just a pretty face; she’s got a beautiful heart for the poor. Her philanthropic works include;
- Initial donation of $250,000.00 to the Survival Foundation she co-founded with Kelly Rowland to help victims of Hurricane Katrina.
- Helping to raise $4,300 000.00 in ticket sales for CHIME FOR CHANGE foundation which she’s a co-founder. CHIME FOR CHANGE is a platform designed to empower women and girls through education and health.
Popularly referred to as Olivia Pope; a character in the 2013 TV series, Scandal, which she excellently played as the lead actor, this beautiful actress is a philanthropist. Kerry is known to support many humanitarian causes such as;
- Women Empowerment
- She is currently a member of the President Obama Committee on Arts and Humanities
Beautiful Alicia isn’t just a talent to love for entertaining her numerous fans; she is a pretty lady with the heart of gold. Among the charity works of this multiple award winning singer, song writer and actress, are as follows;
- Co-founder and global ambassador to a non-profiting organization; KEEP A CHILD ALIVE, which provide drugs to families with HIV and AIDS in Africa.
- Helping children with scholarships.
- Featured in the Concert For Sandy Relief in 2012, which raised funds to support victims of Hurricane Sandy
Award winning Canadian singer, songwriter and actor, Justin, is one of the youngest philanthropists in the World. He has been able to do the following out of his charitable heart;
- Donation of over $1,000,000.00 to Japan, to support victims of a devastating earthquake.
- Gives a percentage of money from each concert tickets he sells to his PENCILS OF PROMISE foundation which has built over 20 schools.
- Helped to raise $3,000,000.00 for Yolanda Survivors after the Typhoon Haiyan disaster, to give surviving children education, vaccination and clean water.
This beautiful Barbadian, based in the US, is a renowned singer, songwriter, actress and fashion designer. Rihanna has many awards including Grammys to her accolades. Her charity works can best be remembered by;
- Her BELIEVE FOUNDATION which supports children to survive and thrive in a world where many do not have access to good medical care, school and clothing.
- Her foundation partners DKTS to fight blood cancer.
- Helping a mother of two to find a bone marrow transplant
Listed as the highest paid actress in the Guiness World Records, 2012 edition, this award winning American actress and film producer, is well known for her charitable projects. Among her philanthropic strides are;
- Her donation of $1,000,000.00 to American Red Cross’ Japan relief after a devastating earthquake hit.
- The donation of $1,000,000.00 to Doctors without Borders, to help Haiti after the 2010 earthquake.
- Donation to Warren Eason Charter High School which was brought down by Hurricane Katrina.