The concept of Holistic Skincare implies that one cannot treat the skin as a separate entity from the entire body. The skin(being the largest organ of the body) performs many function, all of which either work in partnership with or depend upon the functions of the internal vital organs.
This philosophy states that the conditions such as Rosacea, acne, eczema, loss of collagen and elastic etcetera, all begin inside of the body like the digestive tract or due to other issues like stress.
Simply treating the skin itself as a separate unit from the whole might make short term improvements, but without addressing the cause of the problem, true resolution will never occur. Lately, internal supplements termed Nutriceuticals have been formulated to aid skin treatments and rejuvenation from within. These supplements include nutrients that are known to benefit the skin such as collagen, hyaluronic acid and antioxidants such as green tea, grape seed extract, vitamin c etcetera.
Ingredients for holistic products, whether topical or internal, aim to be sourced from all natural origins. Since this is the case we can begin to treat our skin by feeding it with natural ingredients that it requires for its rejuvenation. So, for good skincare, here are 10 fruits and vegetables you should eat weekly for an all time skin sheen.
- Apples – an apple a day certainly keeps aging skin at bay! To ensure glowing skin you can eat one apply daily or apply the juice of an apple on your face and wash it off with water after 10 minutes.
- Beetroots – The more antioxidants you have in your body, the more your skin will glow. And beetroots ensures just that! It is a rich source of anthocyanins; a powerful antioxidant that prevents appearance of wrinkles.
- Carrots – high in beta carotene which is converted by the body to Vitamin A. Not only will it give your skin a glow, it will also fight wrinkles and improve you skin, making it healthy.
- Lemon – it’s high content of vitamin c is needed for the synthesis of collagen. And if your skin looks dull from scars, acne and blackheads, lemons will kick them all to the curb.
- Pumpkin Seeds – consume a handful of pumpkin seeds as an evening snack and you’re on your way to brighten your complexion and control of excess oil production in your skin.
- Spinach – loaded with antioxidants, spinach can help reduce the onset of wrinkles, strengthen skin tissue and flush out toxins for a ever clear glowing skin. It’s wonderful for skincare.
- Strawberry – the presence of magic acid in strawberry makes it a natural whitening agent. Packed with loads of antioxidants, it lends your skin a healthy radiance from within.
- Sweet Potato – the presence of vitamin c in sweet potato improves skin tone and heals pimple scars and it’s high content in vitamin A helps fight acne-causing bacteria. It’s good for skincare.
- Tomato – when your skin needs a boost, lycopene rich Tomato is all you need to boost that fresh and glowing skin from within. It contains anti-aging properties and acts as sunscreen from within. Applying the pulp on your face helps tighten pores and prevent pimples.
- Pineapples – possessing ample amounts of Vitamin C, pineapples provide a natural radiance to skin. With natural cleansing and astringent properties, the prickly fruit contains enzymes which prevents free radicals damage. Having a good skincare is vital to your health.
Skinfidence Beauty Care, Organic Skin Therapy and Makeup School and Studio.
4, John Spares Avenue Elesekan, Ibeju-lekki.